Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Zenspriations



So I finally got in the art journaling mode and I am so super excited. I created these two pages tonight and I am quite happy with both of them. The first page "Zendoddle Practice" took me a few days but it was worth it. I just love how it came out. I tried a few new techniques that I learned on youtube for the background and I can't say enough how I love it!! I want to learn some more zentangle patterns and do another page similar to this one. The next page that I did had more doodling in it. I am not so happy with that one though. I have mixed thoughts about the butterfly. I was inspired to this one because of Joanne Fink. Click here for her youtube video. Really thats
where I got all my inspiration from. The letters in my other page were her creation too. She is a very talented lady!! I just love this background though. I started off with collaging some scrap paper and then I painted over with a cream color. I did some stenciling but didn't like how it turned out so I wiped away the stenciling and painted blue with a dry brush. I then sprayed it with white ink and then did my butterfly and my journaling. LOVE IT!! Its like 2am and I want to do another page but I should be going to sleep now lol. Hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. someone sent me the youtube link to how to make a fabric flower. i just want you to know that you did a great job and i really enjoyed watching. Maybe on your next youtube, you could show you face for a second or two. i always like to see what the person looks like who is doing the demo. thanks again. it was really good. Linette, Bountiful Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linette
    Sorry it took so long to respond but thank you so much and keep looking out I have another flower tutorial and a giveaway!! I super excited and owe this to my followers for being so supportive!! Oh and I will make sure I show my face!! :) Thanks again for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete