Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Abandonment Issues??

I think I have some serious abandonment issues. The last time I blogged was at the beginning of the year and now look, its December. True I am in school, have a 6 year old daughter, work, but I still am trying to find time for my crafting and blogging. I have somewhat abandoned scrapbooking... wait let me correct that I HAVE abandoned scrapbooking and I am more focused on developing my art. I started my first art journal back in October of 2010 abandoned it and never finished. I tried again and started another one in August and it has been abandoned also. My problem is that I am a YouTube JUNKIE!!! :) At this present time in my art journey, I have not developed my own "style". Its so much that I want to try that I have seen from artist such as; Willowing, Mystel, Christy (Gulfsprite), Ande, Samara Gugler... the list goes on. Also another problem I have is when I see a new "type" of art journal I want to try it. I have made about 4 or 5 handmade art journals but I can't seem to get any art to stay in any of them. My latest journal (the one with the coptic stitch) is about half way complete. I am trying to force myself to complete it but its so hard!! :( I just want to start another journal and move on. I have bought several that I want to dip my paint brush into but I am reframing... Good thing is that I am out of school...for now and will have a little time to start trying to develop a style that I can call my own.




There is a year long art journaling class that I am thinking about signing up for that Tam is hosting on her ning site . I think if i signed up it would help me find time to art journal throughout my busy schedule. I would like that.

Hope this is not the end to another year long post from me. :) I want to start making more YouTube videos. I have so many subscribers to my channel that I feel I need to give them something to watch lol. I will work on that. Part of my New Years resolution is to make more time for my crafting, and to get back into scrapbooking. I have so many pictures of my daughter that I have not scrapped, it is a true shame. Now its time for more YouTube videos and maybe a little art journaling tonight. :) Maybe I should do a video... or maybe not lol. I am a bit tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment